Saturday, June 18, 2011

Who knows more about music?

This was kind of an argument me and my friend had, we weren't arguing
nastily just you know overall...
Okay, so here it is...
She's into classical, piano and I'm into rock, we're both in the same
rock band.
Me and the Lead Guitarist were challenging her (our keyboard player)
to name as many rock bands as she could, me and the guitarist got way
over 50 and she got 12, which weren't even rock bands. 10 of them
weren't rock and the only two she got was "Billy Clyro" and "Nibana"
which made us all laugh :)
Then she shouted that she knew more about music than us which made us
wonder a bit. She explained that she knew more about Piano Music and
theory but me and the Guitarist live it. I sing 24/7, ask any of my
friends, I cry in class from listening to my favorite songs, I can't
go a day without my phone and headphones... I love music and so does
she probably but... I dunno... I'm not saying that I know more than
her... I can still read music but it kind of hurt seeing as music is
the biggest thing in my life... I love it more than anything.
She continues to argue, she tells me to shut up because I can't sing,
she says she can sight read music while I sit there for about 5
minutes working out 1 bar on the piano... She has piano lessons, you
see and she can read music on sight, so I suppose she is better at
piano. I play piano too but all she does when I'm trying to read
sheets and when I play is that she's been playing for 5 years and
she's a better singer and a better player...
I suppose this is sort of a rant but it really hurt... I dunno, so she
knows more about music right? But I want to know your guy's opinions
on the matter :) Thanks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment